Sunday, November 6, 2011

September Travels

I don't usually plan a month filled with continual travel, but September ended up being exactly that. Each trip was very delightful, but I admit that I was ready when October was a month of staying home.

At the end of August/first of September we took a girl's trip to Lake Powell. With Bryce too, of course. Me, Bryce, Caroline and friends--Lexi and Allison, and Jacque with her friend Coreen. We had a very fun time with these energetic and beautiful girls.






Rainbow Bridge is becoming a regular event on our Lake Powell agenda.






Next we went to Austin, Texas with Mark & Laura and Norm & Doug to watch the Cougars play football. Austin is a beautiful city and we enjoyed spending a few days exploring it. Clinton, Melissa and Hazel also went with us to stay with and visit Matt and Andrea. Traveling with a baby is a fun experience!

Beautiful Austin.

After sending them on a wild-goose chase throughout the city, we were able to have dinner with Kelsey & Bill. I loved seeing them and their very adorable children.


Texas Stadium is big!


Can you tell we are BYU fans?




Of course we visited the Texas State Capitol. Very historical. But I am finding that we really have an exceptionally beautiful State Capitol in Utah. (biased opinion)





Towards the end of the month, we traveled to New York City for the Gold's Gym Owners's Convention. We went a day early and attended a session at the Manhattan Temple and then went to the Broadway show "Spiderman." I loved it! Good thing I didn't listen to all the negative critics. Bryce spent the rest of the trip attending meetings, and I rode the subway throughout the city exploring.

I was lucky to get a ticket to the 9/11 Memorial. Impressive. When I was standing in line, two New York natives in front of me were comparing travel stories. One woman declared, "I will tell you where the most beautiful place on earth is--Zion's National Park in Utah!"
I couldn't resist telling them that I was from Utah, and we had a great time discussing
the finer points of red-rock country.



Traveling definitely broadens my horizons.

1 comment:

kelsey said...

It was so fun to see you and enjoy some Texas bbq together (in spite of what that nutritionist guy said). :)