Sunday, August 25, 2013

If you are feeling cynical...

If you are feeling a bit cynical about life and people in particular, I suggest that you attend a college graduation ceremony.  On Friday, Aug. 16 Dallin graduated from BYU--College of Fine Arts with a degree in Film.  I know that I walked away from the ceremony feeling more optimistic and positive.  The speakers contributed to my uplift with their humble recitation of great accomplishments.  But the atmosphere in general was an atmosphere of joy at reaching an important goal.  And in the case of Dallin (and probably many others), this goal was only achieved at a great cost of time, effort, money and perseverance. 
 
I don't feel that life's problems are any less complex, but I do feel encouraged by the talented people who are leaving the BYU class of 2013 to confront those problems! 
 
 


1 comment:

christy said...

Congratulations! That's awesome.