Friday, January 14, 2011

Lighting the Way


I am finally starting to feel a bit of loyalty and fondness for my house. I knew that time would probably solve some of my odd emotions towards this innocent victim of my difficult time. But even when I was otherwise ambivalent towards this house, I always had a vision of the wreath I wanted on the side garage. I shopped at all the Christmas stores in SLC. Not even Modern Display had what I wanted--or at least not in my price range. I shopped online, and finally found a wreath that fit my criteria. Last year I left it as simply lit greenery. This year, Jacque and I added blue and silver bulbs.

This wreath gives me a great deal of pleasure from after Thanksgiving until late in January when I finally take it down. When at times I feel surrounded by doubts, my wreath reminds me to focus on beauty and hope.

No comments: